Unit IV Power Point Presentation
Your assignment woes end here!
- Weight: 9% of course grade
In this unit, you learned how to determine sample size and estimate confidence intervals. For this assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation that further explores these concepts. In your presentation, you must include the following elements:
- a definition of point estimate, standard error, confidence level, and margin of error;
- a discussion of at least three major methods of determining sample sizes, comparing the different methods; and
- an explanation of the effects (advantages and limitations) of a small sample size, a very large sample size, and an adequate sample size on any research study.
Your PowerPoint presentation must be a minimum of eight slides (not counting the title and reference slides). Use graphics as necessary to support the content of your presentation. You must use at least two references. Any information from those sources must be cited and referenced in APA format.
PUH 5302, Applied Biostatistics 1
Course Learning Outcomes for Unit IV Upon completion of this unit, students should be able to:
6. Summarize the major principles for determining sample size and power. 6.1 Define point estimate, standard error, confidence level, and margin of error. 6.2 Compare major methods for determining sample size and power. 6.3 Explain the effects of different sample sizes.
Course/Unit Learning Outcomes
6.1 Unit Lesson Chapter 6 Unit IV PowerPoint Presentation
6.2 Unit Lesson Chapter 6 Unit IV PowerPoint Presentation
6.3 Unit Lesson Chapter 6 Unit IV PowerPoint Presentation
Reading Assignment Chapter 6: Confidence Interval Estimates
Unit Lesson Welcome to Unit IV. In the previous unit, we discussed how probability principles were applied to solving some public health issues. We discussed population and samples and the various methods of obtaining samples from a population. We also stressed the importance for having the sample reflective of the population to enable the generalization of results. In this unit, we will discuss sample size determination. That is, how do we know that the sample we have selected is enough for a given population? We will discuss some parameters considered in sample size determination and in inferential statistics. Before we get to sample size determination, let us define some relevant terms that are used in sample size determination. Point estimate is a statistical process of finding the approximate value of a parameter (Sullivan, 2018). For example, we may have a set of data (a set of test scores). From those scores, we may calculate the mean, median, mode, or percentages. We may use those values to describe or say something about the population under study (students). Those values are the point of estimate since we are trying to estimate a point such as the mean or median. In fact, any statistic can be a point of estimate.
Your assignment woes end here!
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper