Patient Autonomy Power Point Presentation
Your assignment woes end here!
Read “The Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research,” “The Nuremberg Code 70 Years Later,” and “WMA Declaration of Helsinki – Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects,” all located in the Study Materials.
Create a 10–15 digital slide presentation that could be shared with other health care professionals. The presentation should address the significance of human dignity, autonomy, patient advocacy, professional responsibility, and informed consent, and address the following:
- Describe the concepts of human dignity, autonomy, patient advocacy, professional responsibility, and informed consent.
- Discuss the Nuremberg Code and the Declaration of Helsinki and summarize the events that led up to the development of ethical guidelines for conducting human clinical trials, including Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
- Describe three examples of ways “The Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research” works to protect special populations (e.g., minors, prisoners, persons with mental illness).
- Explain the importance of preserving the integrity and human dignity in the care of all patients.
- Discuss ethical and professional standards as they relate to legal, regulatory, and accreditation compliance within one’s scope of practice.
- Explain the rights of the individual while practicing ethical behavior and moral decision-making when resolving ethical dilemmas.
- Title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.The Belmont Report
Office of the Secretary
Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research
The National Commission for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research
April 18, 1979
AGENCY: Department of Health, Education, and Welfare.
ACTION: Notice of Report for Public Comment.
SUMMARY: On July 12, 1974, the National Research Act (Pub. L. 93-348) was signed into law, there-by creating the National Commission for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research. One of the charges to the Commission was to identify the basic ethical principles that should underlie the conduct of biomedical and behavioral research involving human subjects and to develop guidelines which should be followed to assure that such research is conducted in accordance with those principles. In carrying out the above, the Commission was directed to consider: (i) the boundaries between biomedical and behavioral research and the accepted and routine practice of medicine, (ii) the role of assessment of risk-benefit criteria in the determination of the appropriateness of research involving human subjects, (iii) appropriate guidelines for the selection of human subjects for participation in such research and (iv) the nature and definition of informed consent in various research settings.
Your assignment woes end here!
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper