A School Educator Is Interested In Determining The Relationships Between Grade Point Average (GPA)
Your assignment woes end here!
Study Description: A school educator is interested in determining the relationships between grade point average (GPA) and IQ scores among ninth graders. The educator takes a random sample of 40 ninth graders aged 14 years old and administers the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-Fourth Edition (WISC-IV). The WISC-IV includes a Full Scale IQ (FSIQ; however for this assignment we will just call it IQ) that comprises verbal comprehension, perceptual reasoning, working memory, and processing speed skills.
Output file: See Week_2_SPSS_Output.pdf.
Answer the following Questions:
- Hypothesis – Formulate a hypothesis about the two variables. What do you think is the relationship between IQ scores and GPA?
- Variables – Identify the variables and each of their attributes: discrete or continuous, quantitative or categorical, scale of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio), and independent or dependent.
- Descriptive statistics – Write an overview of the descriptive statistics (at least two paragraphs), including the appropriate and necessary statistical results within sentences and in proper APA formatting. Be sure to provide sufficient explanation for any numbers presented. Include the following in your discussion:
- How do the measures of central tendency and variability provide us with an overview of the characteristics and shape of the distribution of each variable? What are these statistic
- Keeping in mind that the WISC-IV has a mean of 100 and Standard Deviation of 15, what assumptions could you make about the IQ scores and suitability of this IQ test for the group of students sampled?
- Keeping in mind that the WISC-IV has a mean of 100 and Standard Deviation of 15, how many students’ IQ scores in this sample are within one standard deviation below the test’s mean? Two standard deviations below the test’s mean? What percentage of students in this sample had an IQ score less than or equal to 70? An IQ score greater or equal to 100?
- Correlation – Write an overview of the results of the correlation (at least two paragraphs), including the appropriate and necessary statistical results within sentences and in proper APA formatting. Be sure to provide sufficient explanation for any numbers presented. Consider the following in your overview and conclusions:
- Is there a significant correlation between IQ scores and GPA? If so, what does a significant correlation mean?
- Using the correlation table and scatterplot, explain whether the relationship is positive, negative, or no correlation.
- Describe the strength of the relationship (e.g. very strong, moderate, weak, etc.).
- What do the results tell us about our hypotheses?
- What conclusions can we draw from these results? What conclusions can we NOT make using these results?
- What issues regarding the sample used or how the data was collected should be considered in the interpretation of the data?
- Regression – Write an overview of the results of the regression (1 paragraph), including the appropriate and necessary statistical results within sentences and in proper APA formatting. Be sure to provide sufficient explanation for any numbers presented. Consider the following in your overview and conclusions:
- In the regression, what variable is the dependent variable and what variable is the independent variable?
- What do the regression results tell us about IQ scores and GPA?
Your assignment woes end here!
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper